Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Best Christmas Present Ever

We received our "call" on Wednesday, December 21, 2011.  I had just given the green light for our profile video and told American (the adoption agency) that they could post it on our website Wednesday morning.  I went upstairs to work in my art room, then about 10 minutes later the phone rang with a phone number that had American Adoption's area code. For a second, I thought it was them calling about the video but when I picked it up it only took my seconds to realize it wasn't.

It was Cole, a birth mother counselor, on the other end of the phone line.  He told me that he had a match for us and wanted to tell me the details.  My heart stopped in that instance and I was so overwhelmed with excitement, joy, and anxiety as I listened to the details.  I knew that I should stop him and tell him to call Brett so he could tell both of us at the same time, but I couldn't bare not to here the details as fast as I could.  Cole told me all about the birth parents and how perfect of a situation this was for us.  He also filled me in on the medical history and legal information surrounding this adoption.  All sounded like the perfect fit for us.

After hearing everything, I called Brett at work crying and tried to tell him everything.  It was difficult for me to get it all out so we called Cole back and he told us everything again.  He told us that the birth parents were due on Jan. 11th with a baby boy and they were located in California about 2 hours east of San Francisco. He also told us that they were a young couple who just wanted a better life than they could provide for their son.  He said they were sweethearts and a joy to work with.  We couldn't have been happier with this news.

This was really the best Christmas present ever!



Check out our video above that was posted to our profile: or go to Our Profile at American Adoptions and click on the video tab at the top of our profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment